Monday, September 27, 2010

My Sunday...

I had such a good day yesterday. First thing in the morning, I headed up in the airplane to buzz some cows!! The weather was incredible so we decided to do some sight seeing. We headed over the Greybull River and over Cater and Ferguson Mountain. It was so beautiful. The colors were so bright and vibrant! What a GREAT way to start my day!

The Greybull River
The foothills of Ferguson Mountain..
We really didn't see a whole lot of wildlife...only saw 2 bull elk fighting but I wasn't able to get a picture of them.
The edge of Carter Mountain...

After we landed I went to pick up the kids then Matt called and said he got his elk. So a neighbor took a 4 wheeler up to help pack it out and we went and got the pickup and met them at the bottom. Again, we got to see lots of bold color up there during our drive!!




Matt got his elk!! I'm happy to report that the bears didn't get Matt...although he said that he saw a paw print right next to one of his footprints and it was bigger then his!! So I'm glad that he got his tag filled and will not be going up there any more!

When we got home, the kids and I went to pick some carrots and beets (that's all that is left!) from the garden and Riley wanted to go feed the horses some carrots so she headed over to the barn with Matt. I showed up a few minutes after them, and much to my surprise, I see her sitting on Barney!! Yay Riley Jo!!


Heading home after one great day......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say but WOW great day and pictures. mom.