This year I took on the cooking job during weaning and preg checking. 1 month of feeding a crew of hungry guys kept me on my toes. Although since we had the warmer weather this year, I was wishing to be outside helping them more often instead of being in the kitchen! Oh well!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Hectic....
"Hectic" seems to be a good word to describe my life right now. Just when I think things are starting to slow down, something new pops up. I don't have too many new pictures. I could kick myself....Dustin tried out soccer this year and found that he really enjoyed it. I did not get 1 single picture of him playing. I kept saying..."next game"....well, that never happened. He missed a couple of his games because he was sick, then he missed the very last game because he wanted to help wean. So...I guess there's always next year!
We have had a beautiful fall. Nice and warm. These pictures are from the last group of cows that they weaned and it was on a Saturday, so Dustin got to help. Of course, he had a great time. He got to spend most of the day in the saddle.

This year I took on the cooking job during weaning and preg checking. 1 month of feeding a crew of hungry guys kept me on my toes. Although since we had the warmer weather this year, I was wishing to be outside helping them more often instead of being in the kitchen! Oh well!
It has just hit me lately how much he has grown. He isn't really a little kid anymore. He can now reach the top of the horse's head and he is able to get into the saddle without a lift anymore!
About a month ago, Dustin caught a nasty bug and was home with a fever for a week. Since then he hasn't been able to kick the sinus yuck. The other day he went to a birthday party and picked up a stomach bug. Poor kid has had a rough year so far. He stayed home from school on Monday and when I checked on him in the afternoon, he was delusional and hallucinating. He did not know where he was or who I was. LITTLE bit of panic took over.....ok... I freaked! 30 minutes later we were at the ER where after a few tests and x-rays, it was discovered that he has phenomena. His little immune system just couldn't handle the last bug he caught. 8 hours, 2 bags of saline drip and 2 bags of antibiotics later, we were home. I'm glad that we found it and he is on his way to recovery. He's already looking and feeling much better! Hopefully he'll be up and running in time for Halloween!
This year I took on the cooking job during weaning and preg checking. 1 month of feeding a crew of hungry guys kept me on my toes. Although since we had the warmer weather this year, I was wishing to be outside helping them more often instead of being in the kitchen! Oh well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment