Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wyoming Wilderness

Everyone here is always telling us about all of the elk out here and how BIG they are, so last weekend we all loaded up and went to see if we could find them. It took awhile before we found some, although we heard them long before we sighted any of them. They are in their rutting season right now, so you can just hear them screaming. It was pretty cool. Matt's been wanting to practice his elk call (for his hunt next year) and I have to say he's getting better. He got quite a few bulls talking to him!

We didn't get as close as we had hoped. 2 reasons... 1.) The kids were with us and weren't too crazy on hiking, they were getting cold. 2.) Apparently the elk (and cows) up there have been terrorized by wolves lately, to the point were Game and Fish came out last week and shot 3, so I wasn't too crazy about the idea of getting too far away from the pickup!! But we did manage to get a couple of pictures of them.

Look... there are trees in Wyoming :)

Of the few pastures I've been to on this ranch, this is my favorite. There is a huge reservoir here and lots of trees and pretty country. I was told that there are some big fresh water shrimp in this watering hole!!!


Also, this pasture is where the wolves have been hanging out :(



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the third one for a frame !!