Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Letting Go

With our recent move, there is a lot more opportunity for Dustin to go to work with Matt. Dustin is loving this! Me on the other hand, am having an extremely hard time letting go of my baby. He is growing up so fast and if it wasn't obvious before, it is now. He's been helping with the cows, running the tractor (by himself) and spending alot of time in the saddle.

Here is Dustin and his new horse, J.R. J.R. is not necessarily a kids' horse...he has some get up to him. The other day he wanted to go ride in the meadows by the house, to look for horns. It was his 1st solo ride. (I could see him from the house, but he was out there alone).
I don't know why I am having such a hard time letting go. It seems like all of the 'what ifs' have consumed me. Needless to say, I am discovering why everyone says that raising boys could be the death of you!!




J.R. and Dustin do get along pretty good. He stands still and lets Dustin get on without moving around, which is a good thing when you see how Dustin gets on...he puts his knee in the stirrup then pulls himself up and hangs there until he can get his foot in the stirrup to swing his other leg over!!





Yet another stress causing thing...the dirtbike. Which he informed me the other day that he has outgrown this one and is ready for a bigger one! UGH!!! He wanted me to put this picture in...he was 'hill climbing' in the pens on the hills of crap! LOL. At least it was a soft landing!!

So if anyone has any advice for me as far as trying to relax and let him grow up...I'm all ears!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good pics can"t wait to see the
Easter ones.

Becky DeWilde said...

Hey there girl! I don't keep up with your blog enough. When did you move? To the place down the road? More private? Dustin is looking more and more like Matt. Guess that's to be expected. Looks like your project keeps you pretty busy. I'm constantly amazed at how busy a "stay at home mom" can be. How about you? All these "projects!" Miss ya!