Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Holy cow.... I mean bear!!
Riley Jo and I were out watering the garden yesterday evening, when a neighbor pulled up to the house. I left Riley to finish watering and just as I approached his pickup, he told me that there was a bear down in the creek behind the house. As soon as the words left his mouth, I heard Riley scream. I turned around to see her running toward me as a black bear, not 20 feet from her, was bouncing up the bank of the creek toward our garden!! Holy crap!!!! I quickly rushed the kids inside the house, grabbed my camera, and was cautiously back outside. As I was working up the courage to walk around to the back of the house, Matt just got off the phone with the neighbor behind us who told him that he just saw the bear...plus 2 cubs...head back up the creek. So we all piled in to the pickup to see if we could find them to get some pictures. Riley Jo must have scared them good, because they were moving really fast. We finally saw a glimpse of one of them at a crossing over the creek. It stopped long enough to look back at us, then was gone again. So, I didn't get any pictures. Needless to say, we had an interesting evening :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YIKES! Glad Riley Jo scared them. Although bears are really neat, I have no desire to see one up close! How is the garden coming?
Post a Comment