Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dustin's Big Ride

For the past 2 years, Dustin has gotten to skip one day of school in the spring to help gather cows for branding. Seeing as they do things very different here then what we're used to, he was a little bummed that he was going to miss out on his little tradition. Although the other day he found out that there was a big ride coming up and he BEGGED me to let him go. (of course, he wouldn't be able to go to school that day!!)

The day of the ride, it was chilly and it rained ALL day. He thought I was nuts when I told him to wear his union suit and coat that morning, But he was glad he listened!
They had to move the cows about 20+ miles and I heard that Tater did great. About 3/4 of the way into the ride, he decided that he was cold and there was a pickup and trailer not too far off, so he said he would wait in the pickup and have it warm for all the cowboys when they got back!! Overall, he put in about 7 hours in the saddle and not one complaint!


When he got back, he informed me that the horse he rode was NOT a kids' horse. Very proud of himself. I'm proud too....just can't believe how fast he's growing up!!

No comments: